Saturday, March 17, 2012

I think I have much to say now but I just need to say something quickly. I thank God for the Youth Retreat that has taken place, and for speaking to us all and perhaps drawing us closer to Himself in this time. I pray that I will be able to trust in Him and pray His love in my life daily. I know my circumstances don't seem as bad as those of the people around me but I find it equally hard a struggle to be constantly seeking Jesus and seeking to know Him. Just like how I woke up this morning and found myself strangely, unexpectedly and disconcerting distant from Jesus and almost as if I didn't know that He was there. But I thank God that He is, whether I choose to believe or no, and that yes, He will grant me the grace I need to rely on Him fully.

Psalm 119:176 "I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments."

This verse strangely but accurately describes me now. Having sung God's praise and proclaimed His faithfulness at length, I find that I have suddenly gone astray, and gotten lost. Yet there is hope in it for me: "seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments."

No comments: