Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The ring signifies three things.

First, when I am tempted to be upset, hurt, bitter, angry, resentful, judgmental, critical, at anyone or no one in particular, it shall remind me that my sin is ever before me (literally) and that I am invariably as sinful as the other, if not more.

Second, it serves to remind me that True Love Waits whenever a pretty girl comes along who catches my eye. For that matter, it serves to remind me that True Love Waits whenever a girl comes along who catches my eye. This is also by extension a call to and reminder for purity.

Finally, playing with it and clenching my fist only reminds me of how poorly the ring fits around my finger, and how fitting, for this world is not my home; I'm just a-passing through. Though I have chosen to constantly torment myself with that reality, it is as it is - entirely real, and so a choice seemingly foolish for endlessly unnerving me in the present shall reap its reward in eternity when I gain satisfaction upon understanding.

But on a lighter note, placing it on my index finger is an obstacle to barring chords.

No comments: